Saturday, July 30, 2016
LIBRARY UPDATE
To all book lovers who are wondering how my summer experience of reading the series of The Number One Ladies Detective Agency, by Alexander McCall Smith, I must say I am thoroughly enjoying them. My seventh of the series is, Blue Shoes and Happiness.
Much like The Great White Fathers of the Village @ Apache Wells have cautioned me on what I should do if I meet up with the local Bobcat (stop dead in my tracks and clap my hands) Alexander McCall Smith warns his readers on what to do if one meets up with an Ostrich face to face. "You put your hat on a stick, and raise it well above your head. The ostrich will think that you are much taller than he, and will back off. It works every time," he claims. Mr. Alexander McCall Smith did not tell us what to do if one meets up face to face with an ostrich, and we are not wearing a hat.
Though I have been successful in avoiding the Bobcat, an insect which the Great White Mothers have identified as a Carpenter Bee, attacked me after my early Wednesday morning walk. He/she was a carpenter alright, as he/she hammered me on my wedding ring finger, and refused to let go. I swatted him/her away, but not before I received the full force of the black stinger into my finger. After furiously working to remove my rings before my finger got too swollen, I was in a frenzy. Now after a trip to Urgent Care where they removed the stinger and gave me a Tetanus shot, I am able to sit up and take nourishment. (Just joshing.) Never want to risk missing that nourishment! I almost believe I would rather have met up with the Bobcat.
So I am enjoying the Library as it continues to be nice and clean, and bright. The only things out of place, are several piles of magazines on the tables, waiting for Shirley Menacher to decide on their demise.