Friday, July 22, 2016
ANOTHER PARTY
Lyle Reed turned 95 this week, and we all celebrated the event with a Pizza Party. Our faithful summer crew gathered at the club house on July 21, and serenaded him with our special rendition of Happy Birthday. Even the local animals outdoors could have heard our fine voices.
And speaking of the local animals, I fear that the rabbits are having a hard time propagating fast enough to keep the coyote, fox and hawk well fed. Now, (they tell me) a Bobcat has been seen reclining on the ledge of Norton's patio wall. Poor little bunnies don't stand a chance.
I have been warned to be on the lookout for said Bobcat on my morning walks. The Great White Fathers tell me that if I see one, I should stop dead in my tracks, definitely do not try to run away, clap my hands and make noise as I slowly step backwards. I surely do not want to be Mr. Bobcat's breakfast.
The animals indigenous to the area seem to be more prevalent this summer. Could it be they have heard about our fabulous summer parties?