Ione Johnson was the guest of honor at a going away party, hosted by Lyle
and Reta Reed on Friday night, August 31st. Friends gathered on the
patio and indoors as we all feasted on pizza and beer, and reminisced
about days gone by when Ione first moved into the neighborhood. Ione is moving back to Minn. to be near her son.
Many a complimentary laugh was heard as we remembered Ione's tap dancing skits,
and Kareoke's at the Apache Wells Country Club. At 90 years of age, she
is still one of the most beautiful ladies around. Not a dry eye could be
seen as we all wished her a blessed move into the winter of her life.
Reta offered a unique grab bag gift to all the ladies, giving each a
piece of Ione's extensive jewelry collection. I myself was the recipient
of a lovely watch bracelet which I will truly cherish, and will whisper a
prayer for her each time I wear it.
Ione is moving back to Minn. on Wed. Sept. 5th. She will be near her
son. Her new address is:
Vernon Terrace of Edina. 5250 Vernon Ave.
Unit 334. Edina, Minn. 55436.