In an attempt to save this beautiful Shamel Ash tree in front of #58, the
landscapers have trimmed out the top and dead center. Hopefully, the
tree will come back in all its beauty and splendor, shading the area
around it. Only time will tell if they were successful. And I am
thinking; If I were eight instead of eighty, my three older brothers and
I could build a real nifty tree house in this tree. It would be low
enough so we would not need a ladder to climb up, but accessible to our
two little brothers. We could raid all the dumpsters, and find 2 X 4's,
plywood, and maybe even a partial bale of roofing. We could go through
Dad's garage and confiscate hammer, saw, and nails, and be on our way.
Can you just imagine what a wonderful summer project that could be? And
when it was finished, we could strip some peas from the vines in Mom's
garden, and have ourselves a party up there. But not before, I fear, we
picked enough lush wild blueberries so Mom could bake a couple of
delicious pies for supper.
Oh Mary, you are such a nostalgic romantic.
Due to the recent blessed rains we have received, the trees, cactus and
flora are all thriving. A Century plant on the east side of #59 is now
taller than the building. Does that mean it will not bloom again for
another century? One rain storm did do extensive shingle damage to some
roofs. Roofers have been working diligently to keep ahead of the
repairs. I know for a fact that they worked on the roof on #64, because
I heard them pounding and tromping around up there.
It is a good feeling knowing that our manager and year round people are
watching the place, eyes always open for any damages. Whether you are
here or not, folks back home can rest assured we are keeping an eye on
the Arizona home front. We look forward to seeing you in the Fall.
