...................................COOKBOOK UPDATE
When Lana Swearingen informed us at our Fall Friday Night Writers Group of the 2014 Great Southwest Book Festival, with their East meets West awards to be held in California on March 24, my ears perked up. Great Southwest had invited published and unpublished writers to submit a copy of their work for the Spring Festival. There were many categories available including True Stories and Cookbooks. Lana said she was submitting her book , We Were Army Wives, in hopes of winning the first prize which was $750.00 and a free trip to the California Book Festival Awards. On the spur of the moment, I decided to enter our Village Cookbook. After all, it was a published work, and we were darn proud of it. I told Lana that if I won the first prize we would go out of the town together.
When Lana Swearingen informed us at our Fall Friday Night Writers Group of the 2014 Great Southwest Book Festival, with their East meets West awards to be held in California on March 24, my ears perked up. Great Southwest had invited published and unpublished writers to submit a copy of their work for the Spring Festival. There were many categories available including True Stories and Cookbooks. Lana said she was submitting her book , We Were Army Wives, in hopes of winning the first prize which was $750.00 and a free trip to the California Book Festival Awards. On the spur of the moment, I decided to enter our Village Cookbook. After all, it was a published work, and we were darn proud of it. I told Lana that if I won the first prize we would go out of the town together.
I sent in my personal copy of Feast of Goodness, and then forgot about it.
The awards were announced this past week, and even though we did not win any money, Lana’s book won an Honorable Mention , and our cookbook won Runners Up in the Cookbook category. I am very proud of that honor, and thank all of you who worked so hard on that Village project. We have 18 copies left, so if you know of anyone who would still like a copy, please let me know.
..........................................................-Mary
____________________________________________________