Sunday, January 14, 2018

BITS AND PIECES




As the old 40’s song used to say, “Don’t get around much anymore.” 
I must apologize for not keeping my extended family up to date on what has been happening in the Village.  Sorry.  I have missed many goings on.
I did get to bring home a plate of food from the Thanksgiving dinner, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Thank you.  And they tell me that the Christmas party was lovely, with top-notch  entertainment.
I did get to attend Norton’s Christmas Cactus trimming party.  That party seems to get bigger every year, trying to keep up with the new growth of that beautiful cactus, no doubt.  Earl and Donna treated one and all to drinks and some darn good pizza.  Thank you, neighbor. 
Mary Ann Benttine sold her condo and purchased Roy and Jan Lietzau’s duplex.  Now you can begin to fill up your garage, Maryann.  Ours is so full that you couldn’t get a cigarette paper in there if you tried. (do they still make cigarette papers?)
I met a new face at the mailbox last week.“Hi.  You must be our new neighbor,” I said to him.
“I’m Murch Mc Callister,” he said , as he shook my hand.  I just bought #41.  I’m a hockey player.”
“Nice to meet you,” I assured.  “Are you by yourself?”
“Yes.  I have a Porsche,” he said, “And you can’t have a wife and a Porsche too!” 
That seems so sad.
The Ladies Social Committee decided to have a Big-poolside cocktail party on January 11.  No food.  Just your own drinks.   I wandered over with my plastic cup of my secret hootch.  I was surprised to see a good crowd under and around the gazebo.  The weather was comfortable, almost autumn like, and the conversations flowed.  Jean Mills and I had a nice visit.  She told me she is running for the Board.  Good for her.  We should all take an interest in our community.  And being on the Board is  a perfect way to put your ideas forth.  Having been on the Board more years ago than I care to remember, I will tell you, that mine was an enjoyable experience.  Everyone would benefit from at least one time of being a Board member.
We were pleasantly surprised this week, with a visit from Dick and Mary Akers.  When they left here it was sad to think we would never see them again.  So here they were, guests of Bob Tudjan for a few days.  I am certain  that everyone was as happy to see them as Roger and I were. 
There are many more events coming up at the Village in 2018.  God willing, I will “get around more,” and report on them as they occur. 
Mary